The Americrayon Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for talking about things such as Americrayon!

Back to the Webcomic!Back to the Webcomic!  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pssssssssst

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Japeth
Administrator of Alliteration

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2009-02-13

Pssssssssst Empty
PostSubject: Pssssssssst   Pssssssssst EmptyTue May 26, 2009 3:53 am

Hey. Hey Sara. Also Fenghar. Also any future readers. I was wondering what people thought about all this Japanimation these days.
Back to top Go down

Pssssssssst Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pssssssssst   Pssssssssst EmptyTue May 26, 2009 5:45 am

Japanimation? You talkin' bout them animus, son? CUz I like them animus. They gots them thar large chested wominz heh heh hah. They also got thems large robots and them little kids with the kung pows and wothaveya.

Personally though, I absolutely love Neon Genesis Evangelion, but aside from that I'm not too into the animus because of the "desu" factor in a lot of the popular ones.

I love the studio ghibli movies tho! And I also recently(a couple months ago I guess) saw...

crap.

I forgot the name. But it was a movie about a girl who went into peoples dreams and helped 'em out with their problems but then this guy got a hold of one of the dream machines and was messin' up everyone's dreams. It had awesome music and totally cool animation.

OH

And I recently(again, a couple months ago) saw another movie that I forget the name of and it was about a girl who could go back in time but only like 114 times or something and there was a tattoo on her hand that told her how many times and she kept going back in time to try to fix certain things and it messed a lot up and then this guy that she liked turned out to be a time traveler too and he left and she cried and it was pretty said but cool too. Apparently it was based off a story that was pretty common already around japan.

Anyways that's what I have to say about that!

P.S. If there are any animus that you know of that are similar to neon genesis evangelion(crazy religo-philosophical mind rape and short but ridiculously awesome fights and also lots of social commentary) it would be awesome to know of!
Back to top Go down
Scraps
Hey Jude

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-05-21

Pssssssssst Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pssssssssst   Pssssssssst EmptyTue May 26, 2009 6:41 pm

Paprika! That was a dang good movie, sir. I don't know what the second one was, though.

Studio Ghibli is bawsome. Another good one is Tokyo Godfathers. And if you're into ridiculous art-style, wtf-inducing, surprisingly good movies despite their complete and utter strangeness, check out Mindgame. It's really light-hearted (I say light-hearted, because even when the characters are getting screwed, it's comedic) and the art and animation style changes periodically throughout the movie, depending on what's going on. Many laughs were had.

I don't get too big into series', but I love and own all of Full Metal Alchemist. Started watching Bleach, but it wasn't my favorite. Not bad, it just didn't appeal to me a lot. Cowboy Bebop and Trigun will forever have a place in my heart, even though I'll probably never make an effor to watch either of them again, mostly out of the lack of will to sit down and dedicate a large period of time to watching a series.

For the most part, I'll just stick to my Miyazaki, thank you very much.

Oh, and Fooly Cooly is insane and one of my favorites.
Back to top Go down

Pssssssssst Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pssssssssst   Pssssssssst EmptyTue May 26, 2009 10:15 pm

Totally saw Tokyo Godfathers too!! And yes, Paprika was the name of that one with the dreams.

And Cowboy Bebop and Fooly Cooly are ridonculously awesome.
Back to top Go down
Japeth
Administrator of Alliteration

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2009-02-13

Pssssssssst Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pssssssssst   Pssssssssst EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 12:09 am

I think Fooly Cooly is written as FLCL.

Also,

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Watch it.
Back to top Go down

Pssssssssst Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pssssssssst   Pssssssssst EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 8:16 am

I watched 3 episodes or so and it was pretty fun. But I must reccomend

EVANGELION

It will change the way you see animu forever.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pssssssssst Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pssssssssst   Pssssssssst Empty

Back to top Go down

Pssssssssst
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Americrayon Forum :: NOT Comics-
Jump to: