The Americrayon Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for talking about things such as Americrayon!

Back to the Webcomic!Back to the Webcomic!  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Who Knows What Evil Lurks in the Hearts of Man?

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Japeth
Administrator of Alliteration

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2009-02-13

Who Knows What Evil Lurks in the Hearts of Man? Empty
PostSubject: Who Knows What Evil Lurks in the Hearts of Man?   Who Knows What Evil Lurks in the Hearts of Man? EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 5:46 pm

THE SHADOW KNOWS!

I hope someone else knows that that line came from the old radio drama The Shadow.

I also really really really like this comic. I think it might be my favorite.

And man that is a bad day, maybe it was life's April Fool's Day joke on you?
Back to top Go down
sara
Chairman of Puns
sara

Number of posts : 326
Registration date : 2009-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Who Knows What Evil Lurks in the Hearts of Man?   Who Knows What Evil Lurks in the Hearts of Man? EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 8:46 pm

Yes, I had to make sure that I knew exactly where it came from before I quoted it.

Also, that was my first suspicion. I don't know why life would play pranks on me; I never pull pranks on April Fool's Day! Ok, well, I did ONCE. Maybe it's because it's difficult for people to pull pranks on me because I'm not gullible, and I am pretty thoughtful, so the universe decided it was time for me to be miserable at the hands of someone else.

Also, I like this comic, too! It took me a while to work it out. At first, I wanted her to be on a merry-go-round. Then I discovered how difficult it was to draw a merry-go-round. I got frustrated and took my soap-less shower. (I always get my best ideas in the shower, even if it is an unpleasant one.) Then it all kind of fell into place~.
Back to top Go down
http://www.americrayon.com/
Japeth

PostSubject: Re: Who Knows What Evil Lurks in the Hearts of Man?   Who Knows What Evil Lurks in the Hearts of Man? EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 1:55 am

Fascinating. I wish to know what would have happened on that merry-go-round; which must be one of the least creative names for something ever.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who Knows What Evil Lurks in the Hearts of Man?   Who Knows What Evil Lurks in the Hearts of Man? EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 9:21 pm

Football
Orange(fruit)
Fast Food

Those have very uncreative names.
Back to top Go down
sara
Chairman of Puns
sara

PostSubject: Re: Who Knows What Evil Lurks in the Hearts of Man?   Who Knows What Evil Lurks in the Hearts of Man? EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 2:31 am

Actually, I think the name of the color comes from the name of the fruit. I may be wrong, though.
Back to top Go down
sara
Chairman of Puns
sara

PostSubject: Re: Who Knows What Evil Lurks in the Hearts of Man?   Who Knows What Evil Lurks in the Hearts of Man? EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 2:36 am

From Dictionary.com

"c.1300, from O.Fr. orenge (12c.), from M.L. pomum de orenge, from It. arancia, originally narancia (Venetian naranza), alt. of Ar. naranj, from Pers. narang, from Skt. naranga-s "orange tree," of uncertain origin. Loss of initial n- probably due to confusion with definite article (e.g. une narange, una narancia), but perhaps infl. by Fr. or "gold." The tree's original range probably was northern India. The Persian orange, grown widely in southern Europe after its introduction in Italy 11c., was bitter; sweet oranges were brought to Europe 15c. from India by Portuguese traders and quickly displaced the bitter variety, but only Mod.Gk. still seems to distinguish the bitter (nerantzi) from the sweet (portokali "Portuguese") orange. Portuguese, Spanish, Arab, and Dutch sailors planted citrus trees along trade routes to prevent scurvy. On his second voyage in 1493, Christopher Columbus brought the seeds of oranges, lemons and citrons to Haiti and the Caribbean. Introduced in Florida (along with lemons) in 1513 by Sp. explorer Juan Ponce de Leon. Introduced to Hawaii 1792. Not used as the name of a color until 1542."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who Knows What Evil Lurks in the Hearts of Man?   Who Knows What Evil Lurks in the Hearts of Man? EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 3:05 am

Fine then the color has an uncreative name!
Back to top Go down
Japeth

PostSubject: Re: Who Knows What Evil Lurks in the Hearts of Man?   Who Knows What Evil Lurks in the Hearts of Man? EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 4:11 am

But the color existed before the fruit!
Back to top Go down
sara
Chairman of Puns
sara

PostSubject: Re: Who Knows What Evil Lurks in the Hearts of Man?   Who Knows What Evil Lurks in the Hearts of Man? EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 5:12 am

But the fruit had the name "orange" in the English language before the color did.
Back to top Go down
sara
Chairman of Puns
sara

PostSubject: Re: Who Knows What Evil Lurks in the Hearts of Man?   Who Knows What Evil Lurks in the Hearts of Man? EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 5:13 am

FengharTheNord wrote:
Fine then the color has an uncreative name!

Also, "tangerine" is a creative color name! IT DOES THE SAME THING.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who Knows What Evil Lurks in the Hearts of Man?   Who Knows What Evil Lurks in the Hearts of Man? EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 9:33 pm

No
Back to top Go down
Japeth

PostSubject: Re: Who Knows What Evil Lurks in the Hearts of Man?   Who Knows What Evil Lurks in the Hearts of Man? EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 12:19 am

But where does the word "orange" come from? Surely some form of Latin that named both color and fruit already!
Back to top Go down
sara
Chairman of Puns
sara

PostSubject: Re: Who Knows What Evil Lurks in the Hearts of Man?   Who Knows What Evil Lurks in the Hearts of Man? EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 3:44 am

Japeth wrote:
But where does the word "orange" come from? Surely some form of Latin that named both color and fruit already!

No, it comes from the Arabic word for the fruit, 'naranj', which, in turn, was given to the Spanish when they took over Spain ('naranja'), which carried over into French who changed it into 'aranj' (or something similar) which carried over to the English 'orange'. Then it was later on used as a color name in the Romantic and English languages.

And I think the Arabs got it from the Indians.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who Knows What Evil Lurks in the Hearts of Man?   Who Knows What Evil Lurks in the Hearts of Man? EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 9:36 pm

You so crazy with your knowledges.
Back to top Go down
Japeth

PostSubject: Re: Who Knows What Evil Lurks in the Hearts of Man?   Who Knows What Evil Lurks in the Hearts of Man? EmptyFri Apr 10, 2009 1:22 am

So what did they call the color? Surely it existed.
Back to top Go down
sara
Chairman of Puns
sara

PostSubject: Re: Who Knows What Evil Lurks in the Hearts of Man?   Who Knows What Evil Lurks in the Hearts of Man? EmptyFri Apr 10, 2009 1:55 am

Yeah, that's something I don't know.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who Knows What Evil Lurks in the Hearts of Man?   Who Knows What Evil Lurks in the Hearts of Man? EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 12:30 am

Now you not so crazy.

Not so crazy at all.

*SternFace*
Back to top Go down
sara
Chairman of Puns
sara

PostSubject: Re: Who Knows What Evil Lurks in the Hearts of Man?   Who Knows What Evil Lurks in the Hearts of Man? EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 4:57 pm

WuuuAAAGH!!
Back to top Go down
Japeth

PostSubject: Re: Who Knows What Evil Lurks in the Hearts of Man?   Who Knows What Evil Lurks in the Hearts of Man? EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 6:59 pm

Everyone's crazy in crazytown! EXCEPT THAT ONE GUY.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who Knows What Evil Lurks in the Hearts of Man?   Who Knows What Evil Lurks in the Hearts of Man? EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 1:08 am

Yeah, that jerk.
Back to top Go down
sara
Chairman of Puns
sara

PostSubject: Re: Who Knows What Evil Lurks in the Hearts of Man?   Who Knows What Evil Lurks in the Hearts of Man? EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 4:08 am

Town nutter.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who Knows What Evil Lurks in the Hearts of Man?   Who Knows What Evil Lurks in the Hearts of Man? EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 5:13 pm

He peed on my lawn and I hit him with a clock and then maced him in the eyes with silly string.

Come to think of it he might've just been watering my lawn...

Come to think of it I'm schizophrenic...
Back to top Go down
sara
Chairman of Puns
sara

PostSubject: Re: Who Knows What Evil Lurks in the Hearts of Man?   Who Knows What Evil Lurks in the Hearts of Man? EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 7:34 pm

WuuuAAAGH!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who Knows What Evil Lurks in the Hearts of Man?   Who Knows What Evil Lurks in the Hearts of Man? EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 8:39 pm

wUUUaagh11
Back to top Go down
sara
Chairman of Puns
sara

PostSubject: Re: Who Knows What Evil Lurks in the Hearts of Man?   Who Knows What Evil Lurks in the Hearts of Man? EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 10:52 pm

You left out an 'a'. >:[
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who Knows What Evil Lurks in the Hearts of Man?   Who Knows What Evil Lurks in the Hearts of Man? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who Knows What Evil Lurks in the Hearts of Man?
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Americrayon Forum :: Comics :: Americrayon!-
Jump to: